of 3

Active [EP/Skyrim] Clans of Skyrim

25 replies
Votes:
+320
Untagged users

1XTtfPG.png

Hello there, fellow EU RPers.

We hereby would like to lay out an idea before you all in the hopes to gather enough interest from the community to look into properly starting the project with us, a project under the alias. “Clans of Skyrim”

To explain the idea itself, do take in mind some things might be subject to change and discussion if the project takes a more official route, as it stands. We’re first and foremost looking for like minded individuals whom would be willing to put the effort into the project to have it launched, and naturally, RPers would whom like to RP in it.

Idea:
Under the alias, Clans of Skyrim we would like to start a guild or group to pursue the life of every day Nords within their clans, to hopefully create a solid RP experience for any hardened Nord roleplayer, or friend to accompany them. We would like to achieve this by using the guild/group as a gathering mechanic much like Stormhaven RP, in which the interested parties can create/involve themselves into events from all themes fitting to their respective clans. To place an example, Clan Mer-Bane has held strong ties with the Pact and the its military efforts against the opposing factions, and will likely request other clans to accompany their warriors and kinsman into various raids.

While another might prefer to focus on Social events such as grand feasts or markets, another on the inner issues of Skyrim, hunting for food, or dealing with local troubles such as the Mammoth herd and giant next door.
RPers whom would join would be able to join already existing clans or create their own with their band of friends to join into the RP that hopefully will result into a breathing Skyrim. Due to the laid back guild foundation for the members, we hope everyone will be able to jump in and create to their hearts content, we remain convinced of the opinion that RP is created together.

Restrictions:
We understand that some may come to wonder whether a project like this could result in being restrictive in allowing only Nords, though fear not, that isn't part of the plan. With one Tamriel, it would be unrealistic and crippling for the project itself to ultimately focus on only Nord RPers, as such, we would naturally extend a hand to Non-Pact/Non-Nord RPers just the same, Friends of clans, adventurers or simply mere travelers passing by frequently through Skyrim and its bordering areas. Perhaps a Pact aligned Orc can find proper home with one of the Pact aligned clans, or a more neutral aligned character find home within a clan that seeks to pursue its own peaceful interests.

Faction vs Faction

Whenever my name comes up, it is might usually be automaticly assumed that war is inevitable considering my previous projects and while that is true to a degree, Project of Skyrims will not focus on the war, not directly at least. Every clan can cast a vote on their own whether they would find themselves interested enough with their respected clansmen to participate in raiding events, or battles through an in character initiative.

Guild & You:
We aim for the guild to act as a community, as such, we’ll not hold restrictions against people joining within the ranks and as such, jumping into the project to pursue their own smaller projects within or the RP that hopefully blossoms from it, you’ll not be removed on account of individual dislikes or clashes with other RPers. We aim to keep the guild and its project accessible for everyone within the reason that you do not break the social rules and the followed RP etiquette of the ESO community.

The Clans of Skyrim team will be present for the mere guidance and coordination of the project itself, while we hope that RP shall be plentiful for everyone, the team can’t and will not provide for a constant flow of RP. It’ll be your guild as much as everyone’s else, where your own efforts shall count.

Ranks:
With the guild being presented as a community and contact hotspot, we’ve decided to keep the ranks as open as possible to easily maneuver people around and through the various ranks in place, so they can be adjusted accordingly to their own ideas, inner-clan projects and progressions. Any rank except for Skyrim Helper which is reserved to the OOC helpers of the guild to make sure social standards are followed and troubles are hopefully neatly dealt with. Can be granted upon request, we do ask that there’ll be at least some sort of ground on which the request is made though this primarily falls to the Clan head rank which I’ll explain upon. The ranks are as followed ranking from highest social rank, to lowest.

Clan head (Your character is head of their own clan, preferably with the backing of a friend or two to prevent an overgrowth of clans.)
Clan member (You’re a member of an already established clan and pledged loyalty to its course.)
Clan friend (You’re a clan’s trusted friend, though keep yourself out from their internal matters/politics.)
Wanderer (You go your own path through Skyrim and its people.)
Stranger (Joining rank.)

Interested in becoming a Skyrim Helper? Let us know and we’ll be sure to look into it!

Discord:
We now have set up our very own discord channel, which shall offer information to the players (Such as Clans and events.) and a means to easily connect with everyone on a social and personal level. Come here to talk about your RP or coordinate during CoS events, social interests and brainstorm actively about the progression of the breathing project. We hope to offer easy to track information through discord by announcing news, events and scenarios for people to jump right in, or for people to announce their own. You can join the discord with this invite: https://discord.gg/bsfwQdB
(Be sure to check the announcement/rules channel first and foremost for general information and guides.)

Regardless of the Clans of Skyrim discord, we strongly encourage to use the official StormhavenRP Discord channel to remain in strong contact with the roleplay community. We have no interest to break from it. Chances are the discord may be exchanged for a forum at a later set date instead.

Events/Planning:
As mentioned before, we strongly hope that those who are willing to join us in the CoS project, pursue its progression with determination and most and foremost, enjoyment. This isn’t to say that we expect any events to be hosted from everyone though kindly would remind everyone that in order for the project to properly take off and continue on its own. One gets what they themselves put into it.

You can host small and big events, limiting invites or opening it entirely to the public as you as content creator see fit, as it stands. We’ve taken to announcing the events through discord, using “Thumbs up” to indicate the amount of people who are able and interested to attend the event, for the coordination of the creator.

Additional information:
We have plans to buy the Horn of the Reach, Nord manor to function as a public hold for Clan leaders to meet and debate issues, markets, feasts, etc while also opening up our own Nord houses as Clan houses for the player’s respective clans.

More to be added at a later date.
For additional info? Send a message to @Zimoen or myself, @Kheldoric505.
And as always, remember to pack your winter clothes. It gets cold up in Skyrim.
Posted Jul 30, 17 · OP · Last edited Jun 27, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+520
Untagged users
I fully support this project! Will you be doing something similar to what has been done over at the NA server? They had a pretty nifty map of clans and regular public meetings like pilgrim walks to different holy sites etc. :) Great initiativ you guys!

Gwynara's Book

Posted Jul 30, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+320
Untagged users
wrote:
I fully support this project! Will you be doing something similar to what has been done over at the NA server? They had a pretty nifty map of clans and regular public meetings like pilgrim walks to different holy sites etc. :) Great initiativ you guys!

That is the intend, yes. Public events such as markets/feasts/clan challenges/games are in considering and planning to provide for public events for RPers to attend, while we hope that the clans individually will be able to provide unique scenarios/stories and events for othes to align themselves with just the same. Though first we must gather the interest of course. Thank you for your comment and support Gwyn as always.
Posted Jul 30, 17 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+71
Untagged users
You could post this interest check on EPRP and ESO-RP too to reach more people.

Good luck!
Posted Jul 30, 17 · Last edited Jul 30, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+128
Untagged users
What Gwyn said. It sounds like a great opportunity for small groups to keep following their individual concepts while at the same time being part of a larger whole. Good luck with it. =)
Yruil Hlevri - a mad oracle
Ilaris Sadri - a scribe
Posted Jul 30, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+23
Untagged users
I am totally for it !
Posted Jul 30, 17
Votes:
+17
Untagged users
Love the idea and have a Nord and even an Imperial Nord !! (orphan brought up in Skyrim) that would suit this idea, though gods know I need more guild slots badly 5 just aint enough in this game :) but if /when it comes about I'm sure I'll manage some how.
Posted Jul 31, 17
Votes:
+320
Untagged users
I've returned from England, and will look into creating a Discord channel to further debate the project with the interested parties. Remember if you wish to help. You can contact us ingame. On Discord or on Enjin
Posted Aug 4, 17 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+520
Untagged users
I would like an invite to the guild for this if there is one! :)

Gwynara's Book

Posted Aug 5, 17
Votes:
+529
Untagged users
It sounds interesting, but a bit restrictive for my tastes; I doubt my own Nord "Clan" would fit within this framework. For one thing, I was planning on getting the new HotR house for the family's ancestral holding, so being required to use smaller houses for RP simply wouldn't fit with my own ideas about my characters. It's a nice concept, but not for me.

Also, I would like to point out that Orc tribes can exist on their own terms in Skyrim and so Orcs don't necessarily have to be part of a Pact-aligned clan in order to exist.
Haakon Stormblade - Scholar of the Dwemer.
Erikur Windborn - Son of Haakon.
Posted Aug 5, 17
Page
of 3
Top Posters
818 Posts
504 Posts
472 Posts
443 Posts
NoticeNotices